5.17.2008

What happened to you Starbucks?

Once you were my dark and bold mistress but as of late you taste more like a slightly stronger version of Dunkin Donuts. That's supposed to be an insult. Sorry DD lovers but it's true. I'm not one those pretentious half-caf no foam $8 latte drinkers. (Not all latte drinkers are pretentious of course, but they know who they are.) I drink regular coffee and I like it as strong as I can get it but just after Starbucks shutdown their stores to meet with their baristas (It pains me to use that name. Maybe I should say cashier or cook.) their coffee suddenly got noticeably weaker. The change was so abrupt and the contrast so stark I can't believe I can't find anyone talking about this. The conversation is all about Slutbucks (see video)!


Has anyone else noticed this or heard why this happened? I'm guessing it's to save money. I still love Starbucks though. I had one of their eggs florentine breakfast sandwiches yesterday and it was great. That and a venti (large) coffee for $5 is still pretty good in my book. Just wish the coffee was stronger. Thoughts?

No comments: